This unit contains approximately 16 hours (3 days) of training activities.
Community Health Workers are trained to:
- Define family planning and describe various methods of family planning.
- Explain the advantages of family planning at the individual, family, and community levels.
- Identify cultural and social barriers to practicing family planning.
- Counsel individuals and couples about the benefits of family planning and how to choose an appropriate method of family planning.
- Demonstrate to individuals and couples how to use male and female condoms correctly.
- Explain the side effects and danger signs associated with various methods of family planning.
- Administer Depo-Provera injections.