This unit contains approximately 11 hours 15 minutes (2 days) of training activities.
Community Health Workers are trained to:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms associated with cholera.
- Prepare Oral Rehydration Serum (ORS).
- Administer Oral Rehydration Serum (ORS) to infants, children, and adults as part of the treatment for cholera.
- Refer infants, children, and adults to the health center for treatment.
- Treat drinking water and cooking water to ensure that it is free from germs.
- Help families to adopt behaviors that prevent the spread of cholera, including hand washing, treating water, and proper disposal of waste and human feces.
- Provide or oversee safe burials for people who have died from cholera.